Today I wanted to share good things that happened because of Hurricane Katrina:
The beautiful Utah mountain range... oh, I miss so, so, so, much.
The beautiful Utah mountain range... oh, I miss so, so, so, much.------------------------------------------------------------------
We got to see a lot of our family, that otherwise we wouldn't have been able to see as soon. I got to see my mom, the last 5 visits to Utah I wasn't able to see her, we got to see old friends, I got to see my little sister Maria have her baby, my first niece, Preslee May. Josiah & Jacque got to see mountains, temple square, go to the Old Spaghetti Factory, see their grandparents, cousins, Aunts & Uncles, go out to some farms, see the animals, and run around.
Top Left to Right-to Bottom: Pauls brother Tom & Wife Heidi, Josiah w/Uncle Ray on his tractor, Paul's brother Mark & wife Jessica with Austin Orion & Asa, Grandma Ruby (not blood related, by marriage twice!) My mom Grandma Dawn with doggy Copper, Grandpa & Grandma 'Lane with Jack-o-lanterns, Paul's twin Cassie & son Parker, Jacque at Old Spaghetti Factory, Kids at Trolly Square, Uncle Rick & Aunt Darcelle, Cousin Tashia with Kayla & Keslee, My Grandpa & Grandma, Me and my sister Maria with baby Preslee, My Cousin Mark & son J.D., duplicate....all from the summer of 2005 We got to see a lot of our family, that otherwise we wouldn't have been able to see as soon. I got to see my mom, the last 5 visits to Utah I wasn't able to see her, we got to see old friends, I got to see my little sister Maria have her baby, my first niece, Preslee May. Josiah & Jacque got to see mountains, temple square, go to the Old Spaghetti Factory, see their grandparents, cousins, Aunts & Uncles, go out to some farms, see the animals, and run around.

-------------------------------
-------------------------------
-------------------------------We were extremely blessed to have caring friends and family send us care packages of clothes, toys, and other necessities. It was a humbling time, & we grew so much from that experience, and we got through it. Seeing people come together at times of tragedy is amazing. We came to appreciate the friends we have here, we share a unique experience. New Orleans is so special to us, we were here when there were rotten refrigerators on the curb, piles of trash, flooded and abandoned cars parked in the freeway overpasses, the millions of signs on the roadsides, and the huge uprooted trees. Material possessions can be replaced. With everything there is a flipside.
Yes, the traffic is worse ,but it means Jefferson Parish is thriving. Our neighborhood seems much better too. We don't see our neighborhood as destroyed, we see it being renewed. God knows what we can handle, he sent us here to learn & to grow. Living in a place where such a tragedy happened, lets you realize how truly blessed you are to have your family & your health. We are so thankful our kitty Leonard made it through. There is always someone you can look at as having more, but there will always be those that have so much less. Its all how you look at it.
Yes, the traffic is worse ,but it means Jefferson Parish is thriving. Our neighborhood seems much better too. We don't see our neighborhood as destroyed, we see it being renewed. God knows what we can handle, he sent us here to learn & to grow. Living in a place where such a tragedy happened, lets you realize how truly blessed you are to have your family & your health. We are so thankful our kitty Leonard made it through. There is always someone you can look at as having more, but there will always be those that have so much less. Its all how you look at it.
1 comment:
Hi Nicole! I saw a link to your blog off of the Wursten's...I can't believe you were there for Katrina! How shocking! Congrats on the twins, congrats to Paul on the residency, and btw, you look Amazing! Take care! Krystal Owen
Post a Comment