Jacque had her hemangioma removed.
We have waited for this day for so very long, we’ve interviewed and visited numerous specialists and finally found a wonderful surgeon. Her surgery went smoothly & she tolerated it very well. She was very brave and is still doing good. The plastic surgeon says we can take the wrap off on Saturday.
We have waited for this day for so very long, we’ve interviewed and visited numerous specialists and finally found a wonderful surgeon. Her surgery went smoothly & she tolerated it very well. She was very brave and is still doing good. The plastic surgeon says we can take the wrap off on Saturday.
In a couple of years she can get her ears pierced.
When Jacque was born she had a tiny red spot on her earlobe. The pediatrician casually told us it was a "strawberry hemangioma; that it would grow, and then shrink". I had no idea at the time how it would effect Jacque's childhood and also Paul and I as parents.
When Jacque was born she had a tiny red spot on her earlobe. The pediatrician casually told us it was a "strawberry hemangioma; that it would grow, and then shrink". I had no idea at the time how it would effect Jacque's childhood and also Paul and I as parents.
She is a strong girl and has handled her peers' interests very well.
She will be taking it easy for a couple weeks to ensure her ear is able to heal without any
rough-play-accidents opening up the wound that might cause any scarring.
I might even say that there is a reason for everything. Moving to New Orleans unexpectedly after graduation and then having Hurricane Katrina hit our area was a trial of our faith. I know that Heavenly Father watches over us and we may have been sent here just to find a doctor that would help Jacque. We are truly blessed. We love our sweet Jacque. We are so very grateful that she will have a normal ear.
She will be taking it easy for a couple weeks to ensure her ear is able to heal without any
rough-play-accidents opening up the wound that might cause any scarring.
I might even say that there is a reason for everything. Moving to New Orleans unexpectedly after graduation and then having Hurricane Katrina hit our area was a trial of our faith. I know that Heavenly Father watches over us and we may have been sent here just to find a doctor that would help Jacque. We are truly blessed. We love our sweet Jacque. We are so very grateful that she will have a normal ear.

6 comments:
Hooray for Jacque! I'm so glad the surgery went well and that she is doing so well. I knew that this was on the horizon, but I had no idea that the surgery would be before you left New Orleans--how exciting! If you need anything let us know and tell Jacque that we are thinking of her.
I'm so glad it was a success! That's so wonderful that you had a good Doctor to take care of you and that you could have it done before moving. Now Jacque can settle in when she gets to Utah and not have to worry about explaining her ear to her new friends. It's funny that once I got to know her and got used to seeing her, I would forget that anything was ever different about her ears- she's such a pretty girl that all you saw was Jacque. Yay Jacque! Mend up soon!
I had no idea she was going to have this surgery already! I'm so glad you were able to find a good doctor and get it done. I'm sure it is such a huge relief. That is wonderful. And it's great to read about how things happen for a reason. Isn't it so true?! I hope she heals up nicely!
I'm glad things went well for her!
Yay! I am so happy that this day has come for her (and you!). It is a blessing when you find a great Dr. :)
oh that looks painful. Glad everything went well. Good luck moving to Utah.
Post a Comment