9.14.2007

Egret (ee-grit)
I love these birds. They are finally back in the water around here. All summer long I didn't see any. They are so graceful. They walk like a chicken, have a neck like a goose, but small like a duck. We see them all the time in the canals that run between the main streets here.
We also see turtles on top of rocks in the canals.

You're probably thinking, what in the world?? I found this picture online and had to post it. It reminded me of the first time Paul and I evacuated for a hurricane, it was 2005- Dennis. We had no idea what to do or where to go... to make a very long story short, we ended up driving to Missouri, through dark, old highways up though Arkansas. Can I say that is a weird place. Well, Paul had been driving for over 10 hrs thus far, and thought I would be fine to take over while he took a nap. About 5 minutes later an ARMADILLO ran under the car and I heard its shell under the tires. I got quite upset about killing that little critter. Paul jumped up,"what was that!?" "I think it was an armadillo? I hope we don't get a flat." Then about 20 minutes later, I ran over a kitty too. That made me start to cry and Paul gave up on his rest and took over driving. That is our armadillo story.

2 comments:

wurstens5 said...

That is really funny. Poor kitty and armadillo.

wurstens5 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.