After 4 months of mom never sorting toys, kids dumping things out & NOT putting them away, the toys piled up worse than it has ever been before. (Granted, I think that I have a good enough excuse, I was in survival mode all summer, just play with your toys. . . please!)

I took the Big Toy Mountain, put it all in boxes, and then ran out of time, so I covered it up with these blankets to keep the kids out until I could sort through and organize everything.

When I was finished (it took me a week), I had 2 garbage bags full of paper, scraps, crumbs, & junk toys, aahhh.
This is what the twins did . . . "hey, don't I know you from somewhere?"
We had SO many stuffed animals. Some of them were even mine from when I was little. (that is really sad) So, I put every one of them on the guest bed. Jacque found them & was in HEAVEN. We went through all of them and gave away 3 garbage bags full.
This is the finished product. I am going to make picture labels for the containers. The kids have actually been keeping things in their "home".-------------------------------
I purchased a toy box that I needed to assemble myself.
On the instructions, the first page. . . said, "CONGRATULATIONS- You've purchased a fine furniture item from Target." I thought it was so funny because furniture made out of particle board & fiber board are not "FINE FURNITURE" in my mind. I guess now I can consider 80% of all our furniture as "FINE FURNITURE" now!!!
Here is the finished product. I put all the bulky baby toys in there. Looks nice! I like it.
I purchased a toy box that I needed to assemble myself.
On the instructions, the first page. . . said, "CONGRATULATIONS- You've purchased a fine furniture item from Target." I thought it was so funny because furniture made out of particle board & fiber board are not "FINE FURNITURE" in my mind. I guess now I can consider 80% of all our furniture as "FINE FURNITURE" now!!!
Here is the finished product. I put all the bulky baby toys in there. Looks nice! I like it.
3 comments:
Whew!!! Sounds like you were busy. I bet it feels good thought to have it all organized.
Looks like I have TONS of fine furniture in my house as well! LOL, too funny. Looks like you had your hands full, but it all looks GREAT in the end!
I love the way things feel AFTER everything is all cleaned (not during)!
Post a Comment