12.04.2007

2 for 1 Birthday Party

2 December birthdays . . . lets get it done all at once! I couldn't have another birthday party at my house this year, and with the up & down weather here, I couldn't have it at a park; {it ended up being nice enough for the park that day & it was 80 degrees Sunday. Then last night & tonight we have freeze warnings on the North Shore...{40 degrees where we are on the south shore} it is always like this in the winter.} Anyways, I looked and found a great little place to have a party! I needed to do this with the least amount of stress & work & time & $$ possible.The invitations. I made 2 sets. One for Josiah's friends, & the other set said
"Jacque's turning 4!" to give to her friends.

Info on the back. They both helped me make them, we had fun.
How do you decorate a pizza parlor? What do you do with all these kids???
I made sugar cookies {from the pre-made/pre-rolled out dough, thanks Pillsbury!} and I decorated them to look like a pizza. I put them in party bags & tied balloons to them as decoration. I also let the kids take them home as their party favors.
Here is the table all decorated. We had to take the cookie bags/balloons off the tables though, it was way too much fun for the kids!
Instead of using tables cloths to decorate with, we put brown kraft paper on the tables and set out crayons as an activity to keep the kids busy.
They got chef hats to wear...
These are the pizza-kits... dough on a small pan, sauce, cheese, pepperoni, & a flag.
I am so relieved some parents stayed. The "make-your-own-pizza" part was the craziest part. {to me at least}
Then the children wrote their names on a little flag, and put it on their pizza and it is ready to go into the oven. While the pizzas cooked, they were given little balls of dough to play with. {they are then to have their creation cooked also, but they were throwing the dough, putting it all over themselves, and even eating it, so we thought it was a better idea to just throw the dough away once their pizzas were cooked.
Here is a SNOWFLAKE cake. {all they had that was unisex}
It had rings on it too we gave to the kids to take home.
We put 6 candles on Josiah's side and 4 on Jacque's side.
mmmm... cake! The kraft paper table cloth was great for clean up.
We just rolled it up and threw it away. The table was already for present time.
They REALLY liked the gifts from their friends. Here is the proof!
A picture speaks a thousand words.

They even had this "PIZZA DUDE" visit & pose with the birthday kids. How nice!

It was so much fun. I am so glad everyone came & had fun. We are so blessed to have wonderful friends to celebrate with. Thank you so much for a great party! {we have a ton of cute pics of all the kids too! but way too many to post}

1 comment:

Shuldberg Family said...

Abby is so sad she missed jacques b-day