12.10.2007

Nicole, why does the house smell?

This is what happens when I try to cook . . . ever since the babies were born. I wanted to make chicken enchiladas. I was boiling the chicken . . . later, the water was gone and chicken was charred. Look at the pan! There was 2 ft of smoke covering the ceilings of the whole house. Jacque was crawling around on the floor, remembering the fire safety things we taught her. I had to open all the doors and windows and turn on all the ceiling fans, it even got into the cabinets, and went upstairs. Paul got home late that night, wondering what I did. {Just a usual Nicole incident} The following day he bought 10 air fresheners that are oder killers, set them all over in kitchen. We had to keep the windows open & fans on for 3 days. I don't even want to try to explain how or why it happened or I will embarrass myself even more. I'll stick to the oven, crock pot, & microwave. I am just so thankful that nothing worse happened that night. I ended up using the chicken, I cut off the {well done} parts and dinner was yummy!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Don't we all do things like this? And most of us don't have four small kids at home, including two babies.