I tried dying a table cloth. Followed all the instructions. After, I ran the wash cycle with bleach, like the direction said to do. A couple of days later, Paul needed his white coat washed and ready for the next day. He is really careful with it & always likes to wash it by itself.
I put in the washer & put a few other whites in there that needed to be washed also. When it was finished I was shocked! PINK!!! The cycle of bleach I ran earlier, must not have got all the red dye out. Uhhggg!!! I should have ran a load of towels before doing whites!! And it was Paul's white coat. Of all things to turn pink.The next day I bought everything I could in the laundry isle. It worked on most of the items. But the White Coat is white again! I has a few item that stayed pink, but just a couple pairs of socks, and some of the items that had color {like stripes} was removed by the color remover.
The thing that erks me is that the dye didn't even work on the table cloth that I tried to dye red.
You live & learn.

No comments:
Post a Comment