The bus ride is always her favorite part. She of course sat by Dara, her guy-friend. That day she insisted on wearing 6 different colored barrettes in her hair. I tried hard to make it look nice. She is so funny. I found out from Charles' mom that he thinks 'Jacque is cool', cause she plays with the boys.' hmmm I wonder why. Isn't that cute though, he told his mom that.
First they went to the post office & they took their own money to pay the postage, and got to postmark the letter themselves. Then they put the letter in the box to mail. The best part was when the teachers were showing the post office boxes and actually found a man getting into his box to get his mail. They quickly asked him if they "look in his box and see what was inside". It was really funny. Thank you to all the patient citizens of Kenner, LA that day. And the very nice man who let 40 preschoolers look inside his post office box.

Then they went to the mall to the famous - Cafe Du Monde - to get beignets {ben-yeahs} It is a real treat and great tradition here. They are like "utah scones" to me. {I say that 'cause what they call scones here, are not what I know as being scones in Utah} But the beignets are a square, hallow pastry deep fried with lots and lots of powered sugar. Look at all the powered sugar we had in the bottom of our bag. WOW. Most people go there for the coffee too. It was a fun field trip.


3 comments:
Hey Nicole,
You're blog is awesome!! I think this is the first time I've seen it and you're so creative. I'm gaining inspiration from you!
You're family is precious. Hope you find that perfect destination!
Bri
Carston loved this field trip last year! I'm glad you got to go along. You do such a good job with your blog!
Mmmmm....beignets. Those things are SO good, but probably has something to do with the pound of powdered sugar you eat with them :P
Guess who I ran into on a plane fron Newark to SLC? Ryan Orrick! LOL. he's a pilot for Continential now and looked a lot like his older brother. He said to tell you hello.
Post a Comment