3.20.2008

Locked Out!

Photobucket
Sunday, I got everyone ready to go to church, all by myself. We were in the car pulling out the driveway and Jacque insisted she had to go to the bathroom and couldn’t hold it all the way to the church. I helped her go & left my keys on the sofa and locked the door behind me. Oh, crabby patty!! I also left my cell phone on my bedside table that day. Paul was out of town too, with his set of keys in the house also. Why do these things always happen under the worst circumstances? I went to my neighbor’s house at 9am and quietly asked her to call me a locksmith. While we were waiting the kids gave me great solutions- 1) mommy just drive somewhere to get help, 2) call Santa, he has a key to our house! 3) Kick the door in . . . they are so helpful, thanks but those won’t work. SO . . . . We waited 30 minutes for them to get here, then found out the new locks Paul put on the apartment are pick proof. ugggg. I kept my cool through the entire experience. The kids ate their sacrament meeting snacks, and colored in their coloring books while waiting in the van & the twins took a short nap in their car seats. What a morning, we did eventually get into the house, but ended up not making it to church. {can you blame me?} Good thing though, our place is not an easy target. Not even a locksmith can break in!!

No comments: