3.24.2008

Kite Flying Fun

Photobucket

Paul and I haven't flown kites for years. I got a couple for the kids & they have been so excited to fly them. There was one stipulation; Dad HAD to be there. I knew there was no possible way I could help them fly kites & take care of the twins. We ended up taking turns helping flying kites & caring for the twins. It didn't last very long, but it was enjoyable quality time together.

Photobucket

We were by the Bonnabel Outfall Canal & Lake Pontchartrain. Behind us was the Levee {hill} that is a nice grassy area that has a walking path and serves to keep Lake Ponchartrain out of the Metairie neighborhoods during storms. I couldn't see where Jacque and Dad went, I asked Josiah and he said, "They went over that mountain." MOUNTAIN?!? Oh wow, we have been away from Utah for way too long. Our kids think that Levees are mountains, and that it is always snowing in Utah {Jacque thinks}. We need a vacation, don't we?Photobucket

I love going to the Lake and seeing the sunset & the long 23 miles bridge that goes across the Lake. It was a beautiful afternoon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love those pictures of your kids flying kites! Great capture. Looks so nice and warm there!