This is very valuable in our home; Bengal Roach Spray. The first time I walked into our apartment, I looked into the laundry room and "AAWWW" it was a huge dead roach!! Now, where I grew up, these things were not a household pest one needed to worry about. OK, this defiantly wasn't Kansas, Dorothy. Our maintenance man assured me, that it wasn’t a roach, that it was a palmetto bug... what!? IT’S THE SAME THING! I guess they are so common in the south, that they have cutesy pet names for these visitors. I come from the Wild West, and we don't welcome strangers who don't knock first.
So, when I finally met someone that I felt comfortable enough to reveal my dirty little secret too, I was advised... good luck, there is nothing that kills them. So, I worked late each night, making sure not a crumb was in my house, but every morning there was still a lively intruder spotted. I would have Paul kill it, and with his irritated voice, he’d tell me to stop screaming. However, in the early morning, when he was getting ready for work, and I was still asleep, (before we had twins) I'd hear this abnormal uuawwhha sound… that is what Paul sounds like trying to kill one of the fastest insects…did I mention these things fly too??So what do you do if you are home without the opposite gender to kill the roach??
1- Get your vacuum! Not the little handheld vacs… get out the big daddy!!
2- Hook up the attachment, hose, extender…and SUCK IT UP!!! (This way you are at least a couple feet away from it)
3- Then take the canister outside, stuff the holes with paper towels, so it won’t escape…and wait until your husband gets home… or wait a couple days, and it will eventually die in the dusty hot container, and you can dump into your garbage can… but it is best not to set it free alive… we don’t need to worry about endangered species of cockroaches…
Well, I am a very determined person... I finally found this $15.00/can of spray....it’s guaranteed to work, so I broke down a bought it… and it works. If they walk through the spray, they will die!!! And that is OK with me, to find a dead roach. It is not knowing where the living ones were walking around in my house last night that I don't like.
Also, the mouse glue traps work very well too, but trying to get the dead roach off the trap isn't a pleasant experience...
So, if you ever end up living in the south, and have encounters with these intruders…take it from me….its worth more than $15.00! (Paul now sprays the outside of our apartment with some spray from Lowes that keeps them from getting in... but I still use Bengal inside, just in case... it will also kill anything else creeeeepy, even flys, and all those other weird bugs they have down here!
1 comment:
ok, that is really gross. I can not stand the roach. I'm glad to hear you found something to take care of them. YUCK!!
Post a Comment