9.25.2007

Stuck in Minivan

I did a 3 week experiment. I kept track of the time I spent in my van during a Monday ~ Friday week. The reason I did this is because it feels like I am always driving and when I do get home I have an hour or so, then I have to leave again.

Where am I going? What I am doing? Well, are you ready? It's actually who has what appointment, where at & when? The only thing is how is a given. I am just lucky nothing overlaps...

THE RESULTs in # numbers #

14 average HOURS I spend in my minivan
2 times/week ~ Baby Paul has physical therapy
2 times/week ~ Josiah & Jacque have speech therapy
all 4 therapy appointments are on different day of the week, thankfully...
we have 1 day during the week that we don't have appointments, just making sure Josiah get to and from school.
5 days/week ~ I drop off and pick up Josiah for all-day kindergarten
3 times/week ~ I drop off & pick up Jacque from half-day preschool
13 round trips to/from Josiah's and/or Jacque's schools
5 miles each way
65 miles/week just getting children to & from school
on top of all that... I still have errands & I have to refuel quite often, as you can imagine.
When Saturday comes, we stay home & mom catches up on housework. Its mom's therapy.
I didn't count the time in the van on Sunday... which isn't much. We can call church our spiritual therapy.
* results are approximate, does not include time spent inside schools, doctor appointments, ect.

ok, lets do miles...

37 miles ~ Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday

22 miles ~ Thursday (that's just getting Josiah to and from school)

48 miles ~ Friday

0 miles ~ Saturday (yea!)

12 miles ~ Sunday

193 miles ~ Monday - Sunday ~ TOTAL

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, that is just plain crazy!

wurstens5 said...

wow that's a lot of driving. You never really think about how much driving you really do. I would be interested to find out my self.

Ben and Krystal said...

that's why i moved on post! next door to kaleb's school, down the street from david's and across the street from the dental clinic (health clinic also). soooooo nice, and I only gas up every couple weeks now =)

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! You are a super mommy! Since moving here to OK, I don't have to go more than 2-3 miles at a time. I am home a lot now and really loving it! Miss ya, Nicole!